HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Boughtg my first pistol the other day??????
Old 03-14-2011, 07:33 PM
bigtim6656
Giant Nontypical

I was alittle I guess rude with you. Long day, to much work, and a headach. I have seen and heard about folks coming on here and other forums, ohh I had a issue and bushmaster or walther or glock all but gave me a free gun, only to find out the person was the CEO or something. Kind of like free advertising, To me nothing speaks more about a company or store fixing a issue then selling every single thing right with a perfect record, sure none of us want a bad anything, but when a company says ok we will make it better then before it speaks more for them then any 1000 hey my gun is perfect review. Kind of discrete adverting.

I honestly thing your good to go, I can see you not racking the slide hard and fast enough your new to the handgun thing my guess is your alittle uncomfortable with it, or well maybe not 100% comfortable with it. So your doing things slower then the gun might like. If it jams to begin with run a 100 or 200 rounds through it. My new glock a jammed every few rounds for the first 2 mags 200 rounds later and she is running great.
I was on glock talk the other day and someone said I was working for another company when I said I was having issue, Like you I was freaking out cause it FTE when firing, when I was told to fire 200 rounds through it I let up with my stress.

I really really should have worded things different then I did and I apologize for that.

I have never really heard much about walther nor have I shot one so it could be the gun. I doubt it, I am betting your alittle jerky or slow on racking it, do it again and let it go faster and with even pull. It wont fire unless you pull the trigger, that said a course point it in a safe direction
You could have called me dumb butt( not trying to get over the filter JW) I was being one

Originally Posted by standsleeper
@ Bigtim. OK ,where do I start? "Not trying to call you a dumb @#$ or anything" but, the title of my post was "Bought my FRIST pistol the other day". I have only owned long guns prior to this pistol. That being said, I can cycle my semi 22 LR all day(the only other semi I own) without issue. Again, "not saying you are completely stupid or anything" but, why would I work for Walther and ask a question about the possible malfunction of one of their firearms? I am a working father with two jobs and limited time in the field. I have not shot gun yet for that reason. I do have little experience with pistols. That would be exlained by the "FIRST PISTOL" part of my title. Finally;"not saying you are mentally challenged or anything" but, how did you get that I might be an anti-gun guy from that question? I was simply trying to gaine knowledge rom people that have experience in that area. The James Bond thing was the only clever thing you said. For that; I will give a serious answer to a not so serious question. I chose the PK380 for many reasons. It felt good in my hand. It was easy to opperate. It is a decent(not great just decent) carry gun. I also chose it because the price was right. Lets eat grandma Or Lets eat, grandma. "Punctuation saves lives."