HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - OK OK, Here' s a Better PIC of MY 8 and the story...
Old 10-06-2003, 07:58 PM
Mathewsboy
Nontypical Buck

Default OK OK, Here' s a Better PIC of MY 8 and the story...

Well, I' ve had a stand in this area for a few years but never shot anything out of it and never really hunted it.. Seen some Beauties in the past years in the area where the stand is located when i was glassing, but thats about it.. well three days ago i went in and decided to take my stand down cuz i was gonna put it in a different location. I was riding by the next night and saw two decent 8 pointers... well after my fiasco on opening day, i was fed up and ready to shoot something.. So, i decided to go put my stand back up in this spot and try to get a shot on video.. I put the stand up Sunday at NOON and went back at 3:30... At 6:30 a smaller 8 came in and a little while later THree other 8' s came by... One of the 8' s was this BIG DAD is shot... I HAD NO IDEA he was in the area.. never saw him before... Luckily one of the decent 8' s didn' t come in before him cuz i had planned on shooting one on camera.... Well he comes in and I can shoot cuz he' s facing me straight on... He then start sparring and showing the other 3 HE" S THE BOSS.. After about 6-7 mns, he finally turned enough to give me a good enough quartering towards shot... It entered his right side, took out his right lung, liver and so forth and came out and sliced the front of his hind quarter.... After i hit him, i called the girlfriend on the cell and told her i just shot a BIG 8... and i could see it standing in a apple orchard, I said, " I' ll call you right back, i can see it standing still" .. i then heard it give one last breath and disappear... It ened up he dropped right there... I had no idea he was that BIG until i Found him....

16" spread.. 9.5 inch Tine... 4.5 bases, 21" main beams....

WHat you think his scores?????

GREAT HUNT.....