HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - BH209 first time use
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 03:12 PM
builder459
Nontypical Buck

Default BH209 first time use

Well today was my first time out with BH209, i was using 110 gr loads with 300 gr Deep curls.i must say that not having to swab out the nasty crud ring made the session a lot more enjoyable.i shot 30 rounds today with no hang fires. instant ignition every time with STS primers. clean up took the same amount of time as 777 normally takes. i used Lee's 50/50 mixture of hoppe's/alcohol in the barrel. the breech plug i soaked in windex/ vinegar followed by a 1/8 bit.BP cleaning took no longer than when i clean it with 777. always soaked BP even with 777.myself like many others that use 777 and develop a nasty hard crud ring.making a quick second shot in a hunting situation impossible. with BH 209 the 1st shot loaded as nicely as the 30th.definite plus!i have to be honest the only downside i can see to using Bh209 is the cost.most people in this sport only use 1 maybe 2 jugs a year and for those people the additional cost is minimal.and the benefits i mentioned IMHO are worth the cost. for those people who shoot constantly and use multiple jugs, cost becomes a factor and they may want to stick with 777 or whatever else there using. either way, everyone should give it a try.. Ray