HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - good by Remington
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 10:24 PM
fritz1
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by vtgao
Fritz1,

Hope you are still following this thread, sorry it took so long to reply, been busy and on vacation.

First point, a fire sale means heavily discounted, not offered at the original asking price. Don't pay any attention to MSRP for firearms, all firearm Mfrs have pie in the sky MSRPs listed in their catalogs / websites, my experience/opinion.

And for your information, caliber ( or should I be pre-corrected by stating "cartridge choice", just so we don't startup that nonsense argument with the English majors that enjoy this site ) usually does not affect a given mfg/model/finish prices unless you are comparing a mag. to a non-mag. offering, example a 7mmRemMag and a 300WinMag are going to cost the same for the same make----> MFG/model/finish of firearm, ALMOST always.

The reason items are put on sale is to clear out inventory when that inventory is not moving at "normal" pricing levels. Or when you want to give your competition a hard time ( Cabelas vs. Walmart ). I am not making this up. In my experience as a gun dealer, I seldom found "Brownings" on sale, and when I would question my distributors the answer they would come back with is
Browning does not have to put their firearms on sale, their reputation sells the product.

You betray your shoot first, think later attitude by answering the "Gun-Tests" portion of my post.

Do some research before you fire up Ye'Ole keyboard..............Gun Tests does not take advertising.

And since they are pricey as far as subscriptions go >$25/year ( greater than Twenty-Five dollars per year, that's what all those symbols mean ), I seriously doubt that you have ever examined a single issue of GUN-Tests, or consumers reports, now have you?

Before responding to another post please know what you are talking about. No, forget that. Instead invite me to deer camp, I have a feeling I could make a lot of money off of someone like you!!! Wanna bet?

Best Regards, GAO
Say what you will, but to be honest, I wouldnt own a new Browning. I have several Brownings but they were made when a Browning was a real gun, they are Belgium made and not some *** crap! Brownings are made in Japan because they dont want to have to pay someone a honest wage for their labor so they have Japers put them together cheaply and charge alot for a gun that didnt cost them squat to build, its all about profit, not quality. I will stick with good ole American made guns and support are economy instead of supporting a foriegn countries economy.