HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Truth on deer in pa.
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 08:03 AM
sproulman
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by BarnesX.308
How many guys use their wife's tags? Or brother's or non-hunting friend's? Whether it's mentored youth or not, guys can take advantage.

If the deer hunting is so bad now, how are guys shooting multiple deer anyway? And mentored youth can only shoot bucks anyway. Are these low-life scumbags able to shoot multiple bucks a year with today's herd numbers?

Sure, there's going to be some abuse. But I'm sure there's also exageration.

By the way, my boy wears sneakers sometimes when he hunts. It's a pain to get the boots on. They never seem to fit. So, if it's 60 degrees out in October and we're just sitting in a ground blind for a couple hours, I'll let him wear his sneakers.
yes, they are shooting 2 bucks.as for sneakers, most i saw were at 30 degrees not archery. almost all were gun season bucks not archery.
yes, abuse is bad.look at crews if they see buck, they shoot. no counting points. if kid 16 and under is along, just shoot.

WHAT IS KID LEARNING .
actually biggest abuse right now is crews with kids .we even have witnesses that seen it.1 kid was in truck with heater on, buck was shot by the adult and he called on radio the kid to meet him on trail to tag it.
many complaints from hunters with crews just SHOOTING.we even saw kid sawing the horns off with hacksaw because they were not even legal.

this was reported and nothing done.
here is another good one. i am out a lot.i have not seen 1 kid under 12 in woods,not 1.yet the butcher shop had a lot of spike bucks brought in shot by 5 to 12 year old kids.yet i see NONE in woods,not 1.

Last edited by sproulman; 03-07-2011 at 08:05 AM.