HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What makes a Breechplug a Great BP?
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 07:28 AM
paul54
Fork Horn

Here is a response I received from Don Luhr of Western Powders. He addresses breech plug design in the last response. I could not figure out how to attach the picture he sent with his response. The new Omega BP design he is referring to is the one with the deep concave face. The older design had a very shallow concave face.

Paul

Subject: Remington STS Primers
Question Type: Technical

I am planning to purchase your Blackhorn 209 powder. I have read about the primers you recommend.

Do you know or have test data on using Remington STS primers with BH 209?

Toby Bridges did some testing and had no problems using these primers with your powder.

Many thanks,

Paul

Paul,

Thank you for the e-mail. It really depends on what gun you are using and the condition of the ignition system. Can you tell me what gun are you using?

Best regards,
Don Luhr
Western Powders

Don,

Sorry about that. I shoot a T/C Omega .50 cal with no modifications. It has the original breech plug.

Thank you,

Paul

Paul,

That's one of my favorite. Make sure you have the new breech plug, the one on the right in the picture. Follow the breech plug cleaning illustration and you should be good to go. Our Omega can shoot a variety of primers. It's almost the perfect breech plug design.

If you have any trouble at all please let us know.

Best regards,
Don