HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Little Acorn vs Plot Watcher vs Scoutguard series....
Old 03-03-2011, 04:16 PM
ronman1
Spike

I'm not familiar with the others but I used 2 Plotwatchers last year. These are the first cameras I've purchased as the other members in my club each have several traditional trailcams. I wanted to see movement patterns and caught several deer that we might not have known where around. I actually had a group of 9 bucks I caught on camera moving together in September. Even with a 5 or 10 second timelapse I only got 1 or 2 frames per deer. They were out about 30 yards so a traditional trail cam would not have triggered on those deer. The picture quality is as good as a traditional trail cam. Downside is the max you're gonna get out of the batteries is about 10 days. Maybe a little more with the longest delay settings and skipping the middle of the day. Also, there is no flash so no night pictures although I don't think this is as much a negative as the battery life. I think they are working on an external battery or battery extender if I'm not mistaken. Make sure to buy the right memory stick if you buy the Plotwatcher (it uses a usb stick in place of a media card).