HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Shed hunting tips...where to look
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 06:21 AM
oldshedhunter35
Fork Horn

March and April are the best months although my son is still feeding 3 bucks here every night other than that I hav'nt seen a buck still packing for awhile.All the places I hunt had monster acorn crops this yr so I'm going to concentrate on the acorn flats and areas close by where they bed.The problem with so much food is the deer dont bunch up in 1 spot so your gonna have to cover alot of territory.The biggest mistake I see people make is they walk to fast,slow down its so easy to walk by sheds.Also its early in the season you can walk thru a small area cover it thourely find sheds then go back the next day to the exact area and find more from deer that shed the night before.Its not that you missed them its just that this is the prime time for them to shed I dont have the luxery of food plots if I did I would check them also.When a big buck sheds 1 side he will try and knock the other side off because it makes his head feel lopsided so I start circleing around until I find the other side.