HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Shed hunting tips...where to look
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 04:57 PM
GTOHunter
Nontypical Buck

I would start looking around the Food Plot,then check out any fences where the Deer would have to jump or crawl under..walk the fence rows looking on both sides,check any trails You can see/follow for a good ways...Creeks are good spots cause the Deer will usually jump over them or drink from them and loose their antlers?Thickets are good to check out,briar patches,places where the Bucks have made rubs or scrapes....heck open Feilds with tall grass and trails going thru,walk the woods slowly looking just about anywhere.I usually take a path trhu the woods or along a fence row..then I take a different path back home.

Checking Your trail camera will tell You if any Bucks have lost their antlers....I've been walking our 100 Acre Farm for over a month now...I pulled my SD card on 3 different camera's this past monday,I've been looking all over for sheds and the nice 8-Point Buck walked past 2 of my camera's and he still had both sides of his rack Feb 26...so all my checking for sheds was in vain,at least until he drops those precious Antlers one of these next few days?