HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - mountain lions everywhere in Iowa!
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 05:33 PM
Pope94/IA
Nontypical Buck

Default mountain lions everywhere in Iowa!

It seems we are getting more and more mountain lions in Iowa.
One of my best friend and hunting partner called me today as I was driving home and said his uncle got home from work today around 3:30 and he walked in the door, set his stuff on his kitchen table, and looked out to window to see a mountain lion standing right in his yard! At first he thought it was his dog but then he saw the tanish/light brown body with a long tail. He ran for a camera or gun. Which ever he could find first and his gun safe was locked so he went for his camera and by the time he got back the mountain lion was gone but he went outside and took pictures of the foot prints. Hopefully tomorrow at school my friend will get me those pictures. And this cougar siting was just 3 miles from my friends house. This year during shotgun season someone shot at one just a mile from there house but missed.

There was also rumors that people were seeing one running around on the land that I HUNT! But I dont know if its true or not. I hunt more on that land than anyone else there and never seen one. If I do, ill be sure to have my bow ready.