HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - co___d and locked question
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 10:14 PM
Nomercy448
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by RobertSubnet
The thread about carrying in condition 1 has gotten me thinking I should get comfortable carrying that way.

I have a Kimber Tactical Ultra with an ambidexterous safety. For now it would be carried in an OWB holster co___ed and locked.

With ambidexterous safeties are there problems with the safety being accidentally disengaged? For example swinging arm motion runs up against the safety and unlocks the safety. Or is that something you need to develop an awareness of...the condition of your slide safety.

Thanks.
I haven't read the rest of the responses to this thread, but I thought I might offer my answer to the original question...

For ambidexterous safeties in concealed carry, I would recommend an extended holster, so the safety is protected on both sides of the pistol. For polymer holsters, you're mostly out of luck, but custom leather holsters can be made to properly guard an ambidexterous safety. A proper saddler could even likely extend your OLD leather holster, if you so choose. Personally, I'd just buy a new holster.