HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - good by Remington
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2011, 05:35 AM
DeerandbearhoG
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by vtgao
My 2-Cents, Ladies and Gents,

Remington is indeed capable of producing quality products, like my 1927 vintage M11-12ga. They are also quite capable and willing to market crap like the 710 and 770!!!
They have an absolutely horrible reputation for customer service. Period. And I don't care if that fact makes you cry...To bad, so sad.

Ever wonder why you seldom see those expensive BROWNINGS on fire sales or discounted heavily? Simply stated, they don't have to, quality sells itself. I don't have a lot of experience with BROWNING'S customer service dept. I wonder why --- Not!

Other quality Mfg's include TC and Ruger, yes ruger. And both of these companies offer outstanding customer service, legendary with customers as well as dealers / distributors.
I dont know what exactly the #s are, but I gotta imagine remington produces and sells, more rifles and shotguns than most other companies, maybe combined??? I may be wrong, but it would seem to me, that this might factor into the amount of lemons they put out?

IMO ruger and TC are the most overrated brands out there . I owned a couple M77s and was not impressed with eithers accuracy, or fit/finsh, or rugers customer service. I sent a M77 back to them cause the trigger was like an 870s, they sent it back a month later "worked on", it was exactly the same. TC sidelock MLs are decent but the encore is a POS!

My only experiences w/ remington customer service was trivial, but good. I bought a used 700 adl years ago w/ the rear sight missing I called up R and they just asked my for the ser.# and sent me a new one free. They also sent me a free mag plug too once.

The nicest walnut stock I have ever bought was a 1100 trap model about 5 years ago, absolutely stunning shotgun , my 700 mtllss is the best looking, most accurate bolt action Ive ever owned.

If you want to pay for a little more quality, remington offers that, if you want a 300$ tupperware/spraypainted POS, they offer that too, you chose, but dont whine when you get what you pay for cause you aint getting any better for the $ anywhere else.
And as for the Wally world fans out there, knock yourselves out.
I my opinion,
The walmarts around here dont sell guns so I wouldnt know.