HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - good by Remington
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2011, 12:41 AM
vtgao
Banned

My 2-Cents, Ladies and Gents,

Remington is indeed capable of producing quality products, like my 1927 vintage M11-12ga. They are also quite capable and willing to market crap like the 710 and 770!!!
They have an absolutely horrible reputation for customer service. Period. And I don't care if that fact makes you cry...To bad, so sad.

Ever wonder why you seldom see those expensive BROWNINGS on fire sales or discounted heavily? Simply stated, they don't have to, quality sells itself. I don't have a lot of experience with BROWNING'S customer service dept. I wonder why --- Not!

Other quality Mfg's include TC and Ruger, yes ruger. And both of these companies offer outstanding customer service, legendary with customers as well as dealers / distributors.

Want quality / accuracy right out of the box: SAVAGE. No surprise here, plenty of folks have stated this before on this site and others. And that's the way it is...

Ever hear of the magazine "Gun-Tests"???

Before you order your "Gun of your dreams", do your homework, figure out what you really want, what it will cost, add 25% and buy it from a real live gun shop, now there's an idea!!! And insist that they source the firearm and / or package ( scope , mounts, sling, case and all ) from DAVIDSON'S, a distributor that offers a lifetime guarantee above and beyond that of the manufacturers'. I wonder if WALMART / KMART / ANY-MART does that????.....

I am a former Dealer / FFL and have a little experience in what I am spouting here...

And as for the Wally world fans out there, knock yourselves out.
I my opinion, WM is a great place to purchase under ware, tampons, motor oil, cheap tennis shoes. If you're going there to get a great firearm I hope you find it the first time around. Because that kid behind the sporting goods counter probably knows more about firearms and the like than you ever will, although he will likely have moved on to the produce dept. when you come back in for service after the SALE.

Anyway, shoot more, shoot more often.

God Bless America, gao