HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Kansas Archery/Rifle Deer Hunting
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 09:05 AM
gtousey
Spike

Default 2010 Deer Hunt

My father and I bow hunted with Brian this past year, and while my father didn't score I took a nice 14 point in the 135"-140" class. The deer was taken in the last 8 minutes of hunting on the last evening of the hunt, so if you've never believed the TV shows - believe them it really does happen that way sometimes.

I was only able to take that deer due to the persistence of Brian, and his text messages urging me to stay put until the last possible moment, and that is only one of the accolades I could bestow on Brian. After I shot my deer in the rain, Brian waded a creek to get the deer across to his truck, dressed it out, then took to taxidermist with me that night. After it was caped Brian took the deer to his shed and boned out the meat for me and brought it to me at the Inn (where we stayed) so that I could have the time to pack and get ready to leave the next morning. Saying Brian is the hardest working guide I've ever had the privalidge to hunt with would be the understatement of the century! The only photos I have of the deer are those taken at the Taxidermist, but will forward to Brian so that he can post. There are some very nice deer on his properties, but that is only part of the reason we will return. The biggest reason as that neither my father nor I have ever hunted for a week and felt so relaxed and comfortable, nor had a outfitter work so hard to insure that we had a good time and a great hunting experience.

I'd tell everyone to hunt with Brian, but then I don't want everyone shooting the deer I am after