HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Passionate about hunting on public land? Do it yourself?
Old 02-21-2011, 04:11 PM
Blackelk
Typical Buck

Nice Job on the site poor man. In one way it's too bad not more people share your passion for the outdoors and passion of the hunt. On the other hand Outfitters like myself make money on those that don't want to invest that time of learning an area, hunting skills, and all around woodsman skills. You should of been born 100 years ago just like myself. It's not always easy to take game on public land in Colorado but once you know your area's better you increase your odds a whole bunch more. But what most hunters don't have a clue about is it's not about just killing animals. It's about the adventure, its about finding something new you haven't seen before and it's about that education that ole witty bull just gave you right after he gave you the slip. If it was all about just shooting animals I wouldn't hunt at all. But as an outfitter that is the game I have to play every year. But sometimes you get a client that enjoys every second of the adventure and what a bonding experience that becomes. Whenever I get a chance to hunt myself I do it 100% alone and it's all done on public land. If I never kill a 400 inch bull elk it will be okay with me but I have a ton of racks on the wall and some dandy ones too that all came from over the counter tag units in Colorado. DIY is something you can take pride in. Once again enjoyed your site.