HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Range and angle
Thread: Range and angle
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 09:25 AM
nsdemit
Spike

Originally Posted by ek_buckmaster
Yeah i hunt in WI and its fairly flat where i am.. thanks for the input guys, looks like ill save my money and get one without the arc!!! Just means i can spend a little extra on other things haha
imo (take that for what it's worth) i think that ARC and BDC's are messing up optics in general. i have worked very hard at developing my skill at judging distance, using mil dots correctly, and knowing points of impact for my rifle at whatever range and load i'm shooting. i have it all MEMORIZED which to me is faste3r that pushing a button.

the BEST advice i ever got when i started hunting was no matter what, never take a first shot where your pin or crosshair is not covering fur. i followed that advice and i have developed a reputation as a guy that hit hard targets. practice makes perfect, not idiot proof equipment.

i really don't mean to sound so opinionated, but i just had to special order a scope without a bdc reticle. i live next to a stinking cabelas and bass pro shops, and i couldn't find a nikon scope without it that was in stock.