HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - colorado elk hunting- unit 67
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 03:31 PM
adamwipp07
Spike

Default colorado elk hunting- unit 67

My dad, brother and I are going to be hunting unit 67 in the 2011 muzzy,elk season. We are going to be doing a do it your self hunt and plan on camping some where. I’m looking for any info from any who has hunted this unit! Looking for some public areas to start hunting in? Also looking for places that we can camp? For my brother and me, this will be are first elk hunt, so we are not looking for a monster elk, but more for areas where we might see some descent numbers of elk.My dad has been bow hunting over the counter units in Colorado for the last 20 years and saving his points in hopes of hunting unit 2, and he has been saving points for us for while now too. I've been looking at maps of the unit and the southern border looks like it is very high altitude, do we have to hunt in this area or are there elk in some of the lower altitude areas? I am also wondering if any one knows if there are any elk this time of year near saw-tooth mountain or south of there? Thanks for any info. Adam Wipperfurth