HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My first year of bow hunting is over.
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 09:51 AM
Mojotex
Nontypical Buck

As for my most recent missed shot? In the fall of 2008, I had several does ease into sight, feeding on browse and on what few acorns were on the gorund near the creek where I was set up. I shoot right handed. They came in on my right, and behind me. Took them I guess 45 minutes to get into bow range, but were still to the right and sort of behind me. I rotated in the stand as far as I could, but still had to twist my upper body to the right to put the sights on her. I released. The arrow flight was dead on elevation, but passed in front of her. Bet I pulled it because of the awkward stance??? They all spooked a bit, but soon settled down. I waited another 30 minutes or so. All of the does eventually fed on across and right in front of me, not a one was more than 25 yards from me. I waited for a good angle and stuck the one I had missed earlier. She fell within sight. My No.1 mistake .... not being patient enough.