HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My first year of bow hunting is over.
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 06:53 AM
Mojotex
Nontypical Buck

I am curious about the 6 missed shots as well. With some info, those of us that have been there and done that (in my case, Lord, since 1962!!!) might be able to offer some constructive criticism. If your misses were like mine .... practically every miss on my part could be attributed to either the deer being able to "jump" the string or me taking an ill advised shot - too far, bad angle, not being [patient enough, too much junk between me and the deer, etc. Never but once was it "equipment failure". Only once, during the 40+ years of archery hunting did I have equipment fail. A limb on my high end PSE split big time. I had no idea that it was even cracked. It did not feel right when I dres, and when I released the arrow went off line big time and there was a weird sound and strange vibration. After I recovered my arrow and did an inspection at the camp, it is a wonder I did not suffer a total limb failue !!! I later learned that a kid at the camp that morning had jumped on my ATV for a joy ride. My bow was sitting on the rear rack. It fell off and his buddy ran over it. They cleaned the bow and hid this from me. To PSE's credit they replaced both limbs and charged me only shipping. Unfortunately, the miss that morning was a duck soup, 15 yard shot at buck munching on acorns, standing head down, dead boadside .... a a massive 5x5, 10 point. Would have been my best bow buck ever if indeed I had made that shot.