HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My first year of bow hunting is over.
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 08:24 AM
doetrain
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs up It's Worth The Effort

As has been said don't give up just think through your hunting locations and adjust if needed. This year was my second season of hunting with a Bow & this year I also ML hunted. I only took one shot with my ML and missed at 130 yards in not so great light. I'm glad I missed her and regretted taking the shot afterward because I got a little impatient.
Keep up your practice with your Bow it will reward you later in the year.I have two seasons Deer hunting and I took two shots all 3 months of the first season,one was a score the other a miss. This year I took 3 shots,two got meat and one did not hit a thing.
I made mistakes both seasons, but I shook them off a kept at it and have had some success after a lot of practice and hard work.
One thing that has helped me is marking my distances ahead of time,noteing my yardages at evey possible shot opportunity. Trying to get the distance just before I shoot would have cost me the shots I took on the 3 deer I harvested because they did not linger long in one spot. GOD bless and keep at it because I enjoy the Bow way more than the gun it is just a big rush when they are right on you instead of a longer way off.