HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 300 gr gold dots
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 03:33 PM
builder459
Nontypical Buck

Default 300 gr gold dots

Went out this morning with some 300 gr gold dots.sabots on hand were the harvester crushed rib and the 300 gr long harvester smooth sabots also.fired several shots with CR and 100 gr 777 loose and was pleased with the results.i really wanted to try the long smooth sabots, so i loaded up another 100 gr of 777 and slipped the 300 gr bullet in the the QLA and pulled out the short starter gave it a wack to get it started, reached for the ram rod and to my surprise it went down perfect! the shots with the long smooth sabots were touching. it appears my Triumph will accept the long sabots and the accuracy with them seems to be better than with the CR sabots.had a person new to muzzleloading along with us and my son, so i wasn't able to do as much shooting as i wanted to myself.a little side note lol. i set up my son with a 65gr load of 777 and a 250 gr gold dot in the lil wolverine rifle to shoot. the other person that was with us set up a water bottle at 25 yds and told my son if he could hit the blue label on the bottle, he would give him $20, needless to say my son came home $20 richer lol.it was a very fun way to spend a day! Ray