HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Problems with outfitters
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 03:40 PM
Blackelk
Typical Buck

I'm a outfitter in Colorado on public land only. If you were running hunters off public land in Colorado #1 the division of wildlife would write you a ticket for harassing hunters, #2 you could lose your forest service permit over enough hunters saying your running them off, and #3 most outfitters are well educated in their area and are not threatened by diy hunters that haven't even set foot in the country. You'd have to be a real idiot to run off hunters sometimes hunters not in your party can help you out by moving game. Provided your smart enough to know where the animals exit routes are.

If I ran into an outfitter that was like that I'd do my best to have him removed from the area and have his permits taken away(BTW those permitted areas are not free Outfitters do pay the Forest Service for them along with insurance, bonds and state outfitter registration). On the other hand I have come across a few camps in the past where people said who are you? We've camped here for years and I've never seen a camp there before or the people. And I would know I'm use those area's everyday of every season. I just laugh and ride on. People!!!!!! Only the rocks live forever it belongs to all of us for the short time we are here. Better remind your government that it belongs to all of us.

I do feel you on this but I haven't came across an actual account in this area with other outfitters.