HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Why not use a gun
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 06:46 PM
pmills
Spike

Default Why not use a gun

New here and not a computer nut just getting started so be gentle

Killed decent buck at 45 yrds this year and was longest bow kill of my 25 yr career. I let go of 100 arrows before the season to make sure the old Darton is on and spent 100 hrs talking/phoning to landowners. I like to wait and not that fond of venison so will hold off for a nice one. My big question is have we gotten so tied up in the equipment that we have forgotten why we got into this this thing. When I started bow hunting extreme videos of archery hunters killing bumble bees would have never been thought of. I am not a traditional man with all the buckskin but when I was a kid 60 yrd shots with a shotgun was considered to be on the marksman side. Now if you can’t kill a 10 pt at that range with a stick and string you are a poser. I have always heard it’s the spot followed by the hunter. To get a good spot takes knowledge and connection with the property owner and hunter part …figure it out yourself. Just don’t get tied up in Blazer’s/Blowzers or quickspins/quickestspins and the other hype get a good spot and get close that’s the secrete