HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - what would you use...
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 01:59 PM
cayugad
Dominant Buck

I would be shooting my White Model 97 .451 with a Bushnell 3200 2-7x32mm scope. It would have 80 grains of Triple Seven 2f, a 460 grain Bull Shop .451 conical bullet, and a RWS 1075 cap.

The tight fitting RWS cap would make the rifle near water proof. And that model 97 always goes off. That White has a 22 inch barrel and it would be a fast to get on target brush rifle, and hard hitting. The only draw back might be the laminate stock as it can get slippery when wet, but with my gloves it would work just fine.

In the woods that Bushnell with the rain-guard lens would shed snow perfect. And if it started to get dusk I could firefly the cross hairs to make sure they stick out like a sore thumb. I'd be on 2x and when I got on a hardwood ridge where I could see a little, I would kick it up to 5x or 7x. With that storm coming in, I want to plant that monster fast. No tracking for me. So when I got my chance I would plow that big conical bullet into a high shoulder shot if possible and break him down. After that it would be a matter of dragging.