HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Taking the hunter's safety course.
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 12:08 PM
okieshooter
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Jeff Ovington
I'm glad you clarified that the kids shouldn't be hunting to begin with. I love to see kids hunting, with supervision if needed.
You Failed to mention that in the original post. Since this is a safety
issue thread I don't Assume anything.I asked.. What do you expect the Parent to do,Invest a little time in their child's interest. cause once again you Failed to mention the parent shouldn't not have him in the woods hunting.I said the parent should be in the woods with them.You just mentioned the kid shouldn't be practicing his shooting in a safety course.They shouldn't. Get out from in front of your PC and take your kid to the range and YOU teach him to shoot. It is your responsibility not the instructor at a SAFETY course. Once again this is a thread on Safe hunting and assuming gets you or someone or an animal hurt or killed. Teaching a kid to shoot, and scout, and patience will get animals killed too.Clairification is key dude. And I hope you don't have those kids out there hunting,The one years old no, Must be at least 2 years old to hunt with me and preferably potty trained. I don't assume everbody follows what you do.What is it that I follow??I certainly don't assume, I know there are kids out there shooting on a whim.
Sounds like a lot more of them in Canada than Oklahoma.