HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Advice from the "Pros"
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 12:59 PM
builder459
Nontypical Buck

I understand what your saying completely. as i mentioned i read all the same things that you did from the pro's, but i went a step further and did real world search on various M/L rifles.and everything i read mentioned T/C and there extremely tight barrels.every new rifle i have ever owned has had JB applied to it including center fire rifles. center fires can be more expensive to find a good load for than any M/L rifle. most of my center fires took experimenting with a minimum of 3 different brands of ammo, before i found the one that shot well, sometimes 4-5 at $ 25-30 bucks a box now!when i received my triumph i made 30 passes with JB bore paste, took it out with 777 powder and .250 TEZ bullets and was punching quarter size groups at 50 yds with open sights.i have shot gold dot,sst .250 also with good accuracy and crushed rib sabots.get out and shoot the rifle and if the JB didn't do the trick, call T/C and send it back. and most of all be patient and do as much homework as you possibly can on anything you purchase.. Ray