HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Advice from the "Pros"
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 10:40 AM
cayugad
Dominant Buck

The trouble with "experts" are while they might have excellent success with a product, that is no guarantee it will work for you. It is only a starting point.

When someone asks me for a recommendation on a product, or rifle... (and I am no expert and admit this) I will tell them my experiences with that product if I have any. If I have no experience, I might speculate a guess at how the product might work, from what I have read. But I try to point this out.

Also while I hate to say this, I too have wonder if some of these "paid for experts," sponsored by lets call them Company A, are not willing to overlook small flaws in a product. After all, if someone butters your bread, you always be nice to them.

All I can tell you is, I do not bad mouth anyone. I read what they have to say, and take it with a grain of salt. If I have a chance to test the same thing, I like to compare experiences. But if there is a large disagreement with the way the product performed.. I like to point that out. Take what ever anyone says, with a grain of salt. Judge for yourself if something works for you and you will be less disappointed in the long run.

Now.. I have tested products. Some I liked, some I did not. But if I did not, I tried to make that plain. Do I feel guilty for taking free stuff and testing it? Heck no! Who wouldn't want the opportunity to test something for free. But I make it clear to who ever wants me to test it.. it will be a fair judgment and there is not telling which way the recommendation will go.