HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Yellowstone is Dead
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 10:06 PM
moremules
Spike

DIET
The size of Mackenzie Valley wolves is partially due to their large abundance of food. They will prey on wood bison, elk, caribou, musk ox, moose, Dall sheep, Sitka black-tailed deer, mountain goat, beaver, ground squirrel, vole, snowshoe hare, lemmings, and salmon.)

I have seen some huge Canadian wolves were I live in North Central Washington> We have fairly big Coyotes and these coyotes look like they are standing along side of a Shetland pony. One morning I watched two of these wolves eating on a deer they had killed in the wee hours of the morning, there was 9 coyotes harassing these two wolves trying to get a bite, one wolf would take after the bunch and drive them off and then go back to eating, we watched this for about an hour. Till finally both wolves ran them coyotes into the timber, about a half hour later 6 of the coyotes showed back up to eat on the deer.

I think it depends a lot on how much game there is as to how big these wolves will get, and they are the largest wolf there is to start with. When Ed Bangs introduced these wolves he stated that he was looking for a wolf that could kill the hell out of elk, and he said he found just what he was looking for up in Alberta.

Canada and Alaska is a spread out sort of a country, dumping the C.wolves in states that have far less open country and abundant wildlife and soon you have wolves multiplying faster than you can count, and of course the wolf count has been and still is being underestimated. But then how do you actually get an accurate count when you have know idea where all of your wolves went. The release and then discover has been going on in several states, and in some cases the released wolves end up getting shot before the great discovery. In my opinion seeing as how the wolves were brought in illegally and then allowed to expand beyond control, they are open season--SS-Shoot and shut up. Some would argue that that is poaching, I would say to them, the Canadian wolves and the drug cartels along the Mexican border have a lot in common. If you don't take care of them it will only get worse.

Not only are these wolves killing off our hunting but they carry many diseases that are very dangerous to humans, it isn't going to be to cool when folks start having to have cyst remove from their organs, actually it has already start happening. It take 10-15 years before you even realize you have been infected, and the operation is a very tricky one.

The wolf introduction wasn't about recovering wolves it is and has always been about land control.

I honestly believe we are going to turn this around and get back to managing our game herds. More people are getting educated about what has happened and the lies of the wolf introduction are being exposed. You never see the real truth about what these wolves have done to the lower 48 on TV, but that is just about to get changed. MM

http://www.takingliberty.us/TLHome.html

http://www.y2y.net/