HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - bow kill oklahoma 2010
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 05:39 PM
hoghunter59
Fork Horn

Default bow kill oklahoma 2010

14 pt. ,southern okla. bow season. this buck was taken the next to last day of bow season,before muzzle loader season opened. i was checkin cattle and seen the buck running a doe, didn't think i'd ever see hin again, coming back up through the field i noticed a doe laying at the edge of the hayfield, then there he was laying in front of her about 5 yds away lookin straight at her. I went back to the barn got my bow out of the truck and walked back to where they were at, they were still there, i made about a 75 yd. bell crawl up to where i would have a 25 yd shot at him. when i raised up and pulled the bow back, the does stood up and he stood up still lookin at her, i had a partly quartering shot. i released and the arrow flew true, the doe blew out and he was right after her. I got to questioning my shot, he didn't act like he was hit, but he started to wobble about 50 yds out , he made it into the edge of the woods and crashed.i let him be while i went back and got the truck and drove around the field to where he went into the woods at. i found him about 20 yds in dead,he is the best bow buck i have taken.
Attached Images   

Last edited by hoghunter59; 01-20-2011 at 09:18 PM.