HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I would like to try hunting as a hobby?
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 01:25 PM
romat
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Carlabarajas
You can find all the information you need from your states Department of Environmental Management website. You can also contact the local police department to get info on local rules and regulations, etc.
It's an expensive hobby. My ex funds our son's interest and he's turned into an excellent hunter. At 13 he's already bagged 4 deer (one of them with a bow), two pheasants and three wild turkeys. They were all delicious!
Many people feel they have to have the latest and greatest of hunting gear, YOU DON"T. A person can purchase discount gear at many locations, Including Walmart, this time of the year, You largest monetary investment will be a bow or gun. These also can be purchased wisely. If you buy used you can usually get your money back if you decide hunting isn't for you. And if hunting is for you or not it is your personal decision. You will find hunting isn't all about killing, it is about getting out in the woods, water, and field and enjoying it all. Some of the best advice I can give you is to read these forums, they are packed with information, most of it is worthy, some is crap. feel free to PM me at anytime for help.