HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Say "NO" to too many Cabelas catalogs
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 05:45 AM
Valentine
Nontypical Buck

Default Using Trees

Somebody better use trees. It's good some people need paper catalogs. If everyone had computer training and had a computer, how many less trees would actually be needed.
Then some people might question the need for so many trees and the need for more building. Not all of it is public national forest and parkland.

I actually lost hunting land, some years ago, because of the non-use of trees. The owners saw a reduction in the need for trees and sold off all their land. In much smaller lots. They sold while the getting sold was good. Gone was the land; gone was the inexpensive fee to hunt this company land.

You see the trees were for a printing purpose, now greatly gone. They sold the tree pulp to make paper to use for newspaper printing -newspapers.

How many newspapers are you seeing these days. I'm against any universal eradication of tree pulp use. We don't need "wall to wall" preserved forests. Deer don't like them. I don't like the reduction of deer.