HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Question About Deer Drive gun
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 01:02 PM
rg87
Spike

Default Question About Deer Drive gun

Hey i have a question about setting up a drive gun. I have an 870 that is my dedicated slug gun and shoots great to 200 yards with a 3x9 scope. The bulk of my hunting is done either out of a treestand or sitting on the ground so I dont usually have a rushed shot. Lately though they have organized a few drives and I would like to put together a gun for drives. I have an autoloader a Stoeger 2000 that would be a good base for the project. I have read and I feel that the Leupold DeltaPoint reflex would be a good way to go as far as optics. I think I'll end up getting a rifled choke tube just because a full-rifled barrel is tough to find and also pretty expensive. I'll pay more for the barrel than i did for the gun. Most of the shots will be well within 50 yards, some even way closer so i like the 1x optic. But by using the 7moa triangle i feel confident shots out to 80 yards or so. maybe even get lucky and hit the plate at 100 yards. Does anyone have any suggestions? Do you feel i am on the right track? What would be something you would do differently?