HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - KNIGHT LK 93 USERS --- please read
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 09:33 PM
Iowabucks44
Fork Horn

Default KNIGHT LK 93 USERS --- please read

Hey everyone, i have owned a Knight LK 93, stainless barrel, with camo thumbhole stock for about 12 years now. I converted it over to a 209 primer gun maybe 9 years ago. It is in excellent shape (except for the stock, more on that later) with the barrel and everything else still very clean.

I know every gun shoots different than the next with different loads, but i was wondering what you LK owners have found to be the best load as far as accuracy goes?

I have tried at least 5 different bullet/powder combos and don't really think my gun is as accurate as it can be. I found mine shoots best with 100gr Triple Seven and a 250gr Barnes Red Hot Bullet. I think Knight packaged them for awile but i haven't seen them lately. This gives me a 2 1/2" group at 50 yards. Shouldn't it be better then that? 100 yard shot falls about 6" below that and their groups are at least 6 to 8" in size. If i remember right, long ago i tried a 150 yard shot on paper that looked like it dropped at least 18". Does that sound normal?

I always shoot from a rest at the range and also have a very good scope on it too. The barrel is clean as a whistle and i try to swab the bore every 2 to 3 rounds when practicing. Somehow i think it could shoot better. I have 4 different kinds of loads waiting to be tried when it warms up. 245gr Powerbelts, 250gr Knight Ultimate Slam, 240gr Hornaday XTP's, and 300gr Hornaday SST's. Can't wait to get out and throw some lead soon. I'm hoping to find some kind of load that shoots better then i have been so far.

What loads seem to work best in your LK 93's? (speaking from experience hopefully)

Anybody know where i can find a camo thumbhole stock for my LK, cheap? I loved that stock. It got hung up in some brush coming down from my stand a few weeks ago and fell the last 5 feet onto the frozen ground. It didn't sound good when it hit the ground. It broke the stock in the weakest spot and didn't damage anything else as far as i know. I doubt i could repair it and still be strong.