HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hard decisions
Thread: Hard decisions
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 03:35 PM
Hunter4Life43
Spike

No its not that i dont love her and id give up hunting any day for the girl. But when your dad unexpectantly passes away and you and a younger brother are left a 6000 acre farm its hard to leave. My brother is 2 years younger than me and we run the farm now. (with help from an uncle and cousin) but they also have full time jobs and only help when time allows. So i think i stepped into the big boy boots a long time ago. We also talked about the moving situation long before my dad passed because for me to reach my life long goal of becoming a manager of an ag retail business it meant re-location but that was long before i had to take over our family farm. She had to work at the location she is at now for 2 years because they paid for her schooling. But when we talked about re-location we both agreed we would move somewhere where we could both find jobs easily. Ive never lived in the city or been around the city other than visiting the only thing im worried about is im not so sure its where i want to raise my kids and then the only life they know is city life and when we come back home to visit they absolutely hate the country life. I know where i came from and how i was raised that will never leave me but for me not being able to bring my kids up in the environment i was raised in could lead to them not wanting to come around as often when they are older. Im not the only one upset and stressed about this she is to, she doesnt want to move either and she has been driving herself crazy trying to find something different but times are tough and jobs are hard to come by. As of today my boss is working on me to get a transfer to a different location within our company.