HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 1st MLer! does anyone know what grain bullet I am shooting?
Old 01-13-2011, 03:31 PM
corey012778
Nontypical Buck

geez, all the guy asked is if we know the weight of the bullet. it was just an simple question does not need an major debate.

I found the kit he was talking about at basspro's $60
http://www.basspro.com/CVA%C2%AE-Pel.../26159/-822089.
  • Bore brush
  • Universal hollow/polymer point bullet starter with 9 attachments
  • 2 oz. breech plug grease
  • 3 speed loaders
  • 50 cleaning patches
  • Breech plug/nipple pick
  • 16 PowerBelt™ bullets
  • Large breech brush
  • Small breech brush
  • Instructional DVD
  • 4 oz. cleaning solvent
if you price all the items on that list he is shooting them cheaper the most people shoot them at

"Throw the power belts away" and visit this site often and ask questions about various bullet types and sabot combos to shoot.you can also search the internet for local clubs and muzzle loader shooters in your area.for what you will spend on powerbelts, you can shoot quality bullets for the same amount. and there are far less expensive bullets that will shoot better for a lot less money.. any person or shop that informs you powerbelts are the only bullet you can use.doesn;t have a clue when it comes to muzzle loading rifles (period) Ray
he is down range

by no means I am an major powerbelt shooter, only gun that gets feed by them full time is my 45cal, it does not like sabots. and every sabot round I found is 200grs or less, I like every bullets. I shoot 75grs to 90grs of ANY powder with them.

maybe that is why I am going to shoot cast boolets this year.