HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Another compound crossover shooter Q....
Old 10-02-2003, 06:08 PM
IrishLad32
Fork Horn

Default RE: Another compound crossover shooter Q....

Hey, Chad. I' m assuming " waterord" is supposed to be Waterford. I' d suggest driving to Cabelas in Dundee and shooting the trad bows they have there. I' ve shot the Montana and for the price I think you can do better. They have some Martins, some bear recurves, and I think a couple Saxons. Aside from that, I' d suggest checking out ebay for an older recurve if you choose to go that way. You can easily get one for under $150. Also, you might look at www.womens-outdoors.com/traditional and click the classifieds link at the bottom of the page. They have a lot of longbows and recurves there you might find at a cheaper price than buying new. You' re right about the 45lb deal, but don' t go over 50lb. If you get a chance to shoot bows before you buy then you can try a 50lb versus a 45lb and see which is more comfortable. There are a couple clubs in the area-River Raisin comes to mind-you might be able to contact someone there for some help depending on how they' re structured. Have fun though. Traditional archery is loads of fun.

Brandan