HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - trophy hunters or not
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 09:59 AM
ipscshooter
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by bricklayer
just a question, when I started to hunt I don't every remember anyone being just a trophy hunter. Now it seems that alot of people that is all they talk about, trophy this or qdm that. What happened to the hunting being for the food part of it, or family and friends being together. Not coming down on anyone for being a trophy hunter, I have takin some nice deer in my years, but it seems no one wants to kill does anymore, and the last time I checked antlers don't taste very good. The dnr is even trying to do this buy points restrictions, I don't think that is right to have a group of people tell you because it is a 6 point that you can not shoot the deer, especially when you don't get a antlers less permit, some people depend on the food. I just think that one day it will ruin the fine sport that we have and enjoy. But I think that we need to control the population and not over harvest at the same time. what do you men and women think of this?
I think you're starting from a false premise that folks who hunt for "trophies" or who practice QDM don't shoot does, don't eat the meat, and don't participate in the sport with family and friends.