HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What do you think is the all around best sporting dog?
Old 01-08-2011, 06:30 PM
Phil from Maine
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Doc E
As I mentioned last August :

It's Official : The Best Hunting Dog Is -----

The Best Hunting Dog Is -----

The one you enjoy hunting over. The dog that does everything that you want & need it to do for the particular game and type of hunting that you are doing.

I agree with what Doc E has stated. I hunt with the Irish Setters and wouldn't want it any other way. They suite me just fine but may not suite any one else on here. So it depends on how you hunt as well as the terrain you are hunting in..

I did not come on here to talk up one breed over another as it has no place for any one. We all can agree that we like the dogs we hunt over. So to each of us that dog is the best. My Irish doesn't enjoy sitting around. They like to run and look for things which happens to be birds. That is exactly what I want them to do.. Hunt upland game birds.. That was the goal when I got them and that is exactly what I have them doing. I do not want mine to go after anything other than game birds period no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Go they will all day long and I have a hard time getting them out of my truck when we get home. Why? because they want to keep on hunting and doing what I want them to do. For me that is my kind of dog. Nothing more than that and nothing less than what I want them to do. That is what matters to me and that is what matters to each of you. Having your hunting dog hunting for you just the way you want it to..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 01-17-2011 at 04:35 PM.