HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bore " Conditioning "
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 07:40 AM
sabotloader
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by smokey92
I used Hoppes gun oil after cleaning. Want to use Montana conditioner. Should I just wipe the Hoppes oil with a patch, or use some sort of degreaser before applying the Montana?
It would be my suggestion that your bore clean and stripped to bare metal before starting to use the X-Treme. This will allow the conditioner to begin it's thing quicker. As it is, it will leach further fouling out of the bore. It does take a few applications for it to reach it's potential.

Montana X-Treme Bore Conditioner is a lubricant that was formulated to increase extreme accuracy in precision match-grade barrels. It is a highly refined, low residue oil that has been designed to eliminate the factors that cause oil to gum and congeal. Regular use after a thorough cleaning will reduce copper buildup and increase accuracy due to reduced fouling in factory and match grade barrels. Helps eliminate the fouling shot typically required with a clean barrel. Excellent for reducing sabot fouling in muzzleloaders. CONTAINS NO PTFE, SILICONES or SYNTHETICS that are known to leave residue and affect accuracy.
A light application is recommended after each cleaning.