HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - grizzly gun
Thread: grizzly gun
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 05:03 AM
statjunk
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by fritz1
If Remington sucks so bad, why are the majority of custom rifles built on Remington actions and the majority of your long range target rifles are built on Remington actions? I wouldnt think you would start out to build a masterpeice or a world class target rifle, and use a rifle that sucked as a foundation for your build. Maybe im wrong, would you please educate me on this matter. I almost forgot, our military snipers use them also, they mount Schmidt & Bender, NightForce, and Leupolds on these rifles that suck, I suppose if they are using rifles that suck they must also be useing inferior optics also, I suppose they would probably be better off if they used Brownings mounted with Nikon optics.
Fritz,

Do Remington's suck. I'll leave that one for someone else. I don't like them but that is my opinion.

Your response about custom rifles being build on a Remington action couldn't be more misguided. When the Remington action is used for a custom build, by the end it couldn't be anything further from a factory produced Remington. Heck it may as well have started it's life as a hunk of metal. There is nothing Remington left in the thing. The real reason folk use them as the foundation of a build is price. Actually most of those guys if they thought through it better they would go with a full custom Remmy clone. It would be cheaper in the end and much better built.

I'm building a custom rifle right now on a Winchester action. That action needs zero work to be squared up and trued. This is with a CRF not a PF. I know I just blew your mind.

If I had to point to anything about a Remington that steams my bean bag is the welded on bolt handles and the terrible extractors. Not to mention the triggers. I won't go there though.

Do they make an adequate rifle. Yes. More than adequate.

Tom