HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Warnke gets new job!!!
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 08:25 PM
Schobs
Typical Buck

I know how EAB worked, believe me. True, the DNR did put the pinch on hunters w/ that management tool, but there's still no denying the herd in WI was out of control. There were more deer and less habitat than ever. The health of the herd was at risk, and the DNR dealt with it as they saw fit. After a few years of EAB, after it served its purpose, and many many people complained/whined, the DNR got rid of it. I'm not sure what more you want or expect from a government organization. If the DNR had done nothing with the CWD, people would have been up in arms blaming them for not doing anything to conservatively protect the health of the herd.

Walker bought his first hunting license 2 years ago. And from what I've heard, his new czar's background mainly involves running a sporting goods store.

I'll go on the record as saying that in 2 years, after the season of 2012, people will be calling for a full resignation of the DNR again. Unfortunately, I predict it will take longer than that for the herd to bounce back to overpopulated numbers we saw a few years ago, and these guys won't be able to convince people of this fact any more effectively than the last guys were.