HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Need a new dishwasher, any recommendations?
Old 01-06-2011, 05:25 PM
Fieldmouse
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by badshotbob
After seven miserable years with a $1,200 Kitchen Aid, it finally puked for the last time. I've put money in it more than once, it leaked causing $10,000 worth of damage, and it only cleaned the dishes good for about two years. Quiet though, I'll give it that.

So on to the next one. Looking at Maytag at the moment.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,
bsb
Watch what you buy, they all seem to come from the same place.

I have stayed on top of my Kitchen Aid. I too had a leak from a seal that came loose but fixed it right away. Lately, it hadn't been cleaning well at all. I called and saw the new KA has a screen insert for easy cleaning and the CS rep said mine had none. Well only half true. I pulled mine apart all the way down to the pump in the bottom. Only had to remover say 1/2 dozen items or so. Here is what I found, lots of scum, about 8 to 10 tooth picks, 2 chicken bones and one soda can top. No wonder the scum build up was there, the pump wasn't getting 100% of the water. So in the future, unless I buy the new KA model, I need to pull my apart say after 2 or 3 years and make sure all the crap isn't caught below.