HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Tikka Hunter/T3 Lite
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 10:33 AM
downsouth204
Spike

Default Tikka T3 lite synthetic stainless

Picked up a Tikka T3 lite synthetic stainless in 270 win this fall. I put a Nikon 3-9/40 prostaff scope on it, picked up an extra clip, spent 40 bucks on a limbsaver recoil pad as the stock one was pretty stiff, and shot two deer with it the next week. I haven't spent much time sighting it in, but with cheapo factory Winchester powerpoint 130 grains, I got all 3 through the same hole at 30 yards and 3 shots within 3/4 of an inch at 100 yards without even trying, while shooting off some Caldwell bag rests plopped on top of my workmate in the snowbank. I didn't see any groups over an inch at 100 yards.
I picked up some Hornady Superformance 130 grains and the first calm day it gets above -20 C, I'll be out shooting!
As was mentioned, the stock seems a bit on the plasticy side, lol..but it's also a light gun to carry around. The Limbsaver recoil pad made a huge difference in felt recoil, well worth the money with a gun this light weight!
I've read reports that the polymer bolt shroud can crack, mine hasn't so far....but I can pick up a nice anodized aluminum aftermarket one for 60 bucks, so who cares.... After all, I like to put a few goodies on my toys
For what I paid for the Tikka, I'm very happy with it, and plan on keeping it a long time!
Attached Images