HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What is the best ATV on the market? And why?
Old 10-02-2003, 10:30 AM
model722

Default RE: What is the best ATV on the market? And why?

ORIGINAL: DS650-FOX

I am the ATV king of Arizona !!
oh mighty one

I can tell you about any ATV and Dirt Bike. Since we are talking about Utility quads, my first advice is no Polaris. A Polaris bike is for the lazy people that want to be stuck in the middle of nowhere with a brokedown tranny. I have nothing against Polaris, but I know many shop owners and mechanics that have a lot of Polaris' s in the shop frequently. They are a gas-and-go quad. Any quad with an Automatic transmission will burn 1-2x as much gas.
Where is your proof(or is this just another opinion) and what makes you an expert. Why does owning a Polaris make a person lazy, seems like if they break down it would be just the oposite they would have to do alot more walking.

Depending on your weight, riding ability, and price range you can make the selection. We have a 1997 Honda Recon 250 2wd that has brought out more animals and people than than you can imagine. About 4500 miles, and still running strong. The lighter and smaller the ATV, the easier to control and steer. 4WD models are much harder to control and maintain. My family members have the Yamaha Grizzly 660 and the Honda Rincon 650. The rear independent suspension is a great feature but $$$ is a big factor. If you are getting a 400cc or less, get a Honda. 400cc +, get a Yamaha. Yamaha has created a great Transmission but lacks tires.
The tires on all yamaha' s need to be replaced. They put cheap 2-ply on them usually. Get a quad that is easy to maintain, but will hold up for a long time in the roughest conditions. Just change your oil and you will be fine!!!
Sounds to me that you are kid (maybe I' m wrong) Your position on polaris just proves once again " My friends, brothers, sisters, friend, owns a polaris and it is junk. No actual proof and only hear say garbage. Sorry to sound harsh, but you guys that knock Polaris all say the same thing The shop this, my brothers friend etc... NO PROOF. I own a Polaris, had it over 10 years abused the he!! out of it and it still is going strong. Changed the belt once only because I wanted to (nothing wrong with the old one). A bunch of my friends own Polaris and love them, no problems. I' ve driven and owned, su-sucky yama-hahahaha and hondas. I will always swear by Polaris, Honda would take a close 2nd. One more thing hondas automatic is not a true automatic it is shifted by an electric motor. The transmission itself is still standard, take a look.