HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Sheriff Seeks Second Sinful Sister
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 05:36 PM
Semisane
Boone & Crockett

Thanks much guys.

Compare for me your thoughts abut the difference in wounds from the 250 to the 300?
I will Sabotloader. I've got some wound and bullet pictures and a rather poor video of the shot. I'll put them in a separate post.

You have any hogs there Semi?
We had a small but growing population for the last three years Bronko, but they have disappeared this year. We've seen absolutely no sign for the last few months. Everyone is blaming the drought we had from July through mid-November.

Is this the last one you were hoping to get to finish off your Season?
Well, it pretty close Breechplug. Our club rules allow two does per man and bucks five points or better. But none of our nine guys shoot young 5 or 6 pointers (but a 6 pointer that's clearly three years or older will go down). Then, any member who hasn't taken a buck by the last ten days of the season may take a 3rd. doe instead. So everyone is pretty much guaranteed three deer (normally).

Our season has been HORRIBLE this year. I had to work hard for this doe and only two other members have taken their second one. Normally I can pick and choose when to shoot a doe. Not this year. This one was the only deer I've seen over the last three weekends. So now I have my two does. If I don't get a buck in the next two weekends, which seems unlikely at this point, I'll be looking for a third doe starting January 20th.