HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hog Hunting Help Please
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 05:31 PM
Ron CM
Spike

Default Hog Hunting Help Please

My son wants to go hog hunting, so for Christmas I promised him we would go. The problem is that I'm not a hog hunter and neither are my friends so I don't have any good ideas about where to take him. I'd appreciate any advice.

Two specific questions:

1. I was thinking about finding a place to hunt in Georgia but somebody made an offhand comment that: "You should really think about going to South Carolina instead of Georgia - hog hunting's much better there." Is this true of false?

2. I'd prefer to find a place where they have lodging, provide meals and clean the hogs. The problem with the places that I've found so far is that while their web sites make everything sound good, when you look into them further you find lots and lots of horrible reviews - people talking about tree stands collapsing and almost killing them, lying and cheating operators, and very disappointing hunts. Are there any places that people would generally recommend?

I tried to search the forums here to find this type of information but I didn't see much. I may have missed something. If there is an older thread that I should be pointed to I would appreciate that information. Otherwise, all replies and recommendations are welcome. Thanks.