HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 700 trigger "unsafe"? Accu trigger "safe"?
Old 12-29-2010, 04:08 PM
Big7
Spike

I am not bashing Remington but the issues they are having is something that even the creater of the model 700 is familiar with and was many years ago, it occures in old and new guns alike as well as factory guns and modified guns. The malfunction is not pregidous. As for the Accu trigger, I have only owned one savage with it and it worked fine for the time I had the gun but I only had the gun for a little less then a year. I have never heard myself of any issues that savage had with their guns at all. I also want to note that I did hunt with a model 700 that my dad has this deer season. I also want to add that I have infact seen a NIB 700 fail and the gun discharge without touching the trigger. I have recently leaned that if you run ammo that has a soft primer (the primer metal being soft) that a gun can be discharged just by hitting that bolt/hammer firmly if the primer is not seated properly.

I also givin some tips on purchasing a model 700 as I was considering purchasing a .243 youth model 700 for my daughter. The things to look for are as follows:

"Look it over closely for defects. Take a bore light and closely examine the bore and chamber, I have heard of a few with burrs in the chamber. Check to see if the trigger is centered in the triggerguard, not off to one side. Check to see if the scope mounting holes appear to be centered on the top of the receiver." - roklok