HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New York's New Crossbow...Regulations!!!
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2010, 03:54 AM
ModernPrimitive
Typical Buck

Well, I don't know whether I'm for or against at this point but I will say this: I don't feel the length or duration of the seasons is the problem at this point; access to good quality, uncrowded hunting turf is-at least in my neck of the woods.
I've posted similar, and have had many such discussions regarding what I see as vanishing land access as larger tracts of land have been subdivided into much smaller, almost un-huntable,parcels over the years while many of the bigger, contiguous pieces of land seem to be "guarded" by the crewing hunting them. I know some local farms already lea$e by the season, and while I'm ore than willing to work for hunting rights- I don't like the pay-to-play arrangement.
So, while I think it's great that our largely immovable DEC even considers change of any sort, a bunch of us throwing more money into a new season would only benefit manufacturers & retailers as well as DEC coffers since I'm sure a new tag will cost, what, $20-$25. But w/ out good quality hunting turf available to the average guy, it won't do much else.
Of course, this is my .02, YMMV...