HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Adrenaline Rush??????
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 01:11 PM
scatter shot
Spike

"Must suck If you dont get the shakes anymore. Its part of the thrill of the hunt. I have heard a lot of people say that when you lose the shakes you may as well quite hunting..."

Well, you would be making a mistake to follow those folks advice. I remember the shakes, had them a few times early in my hunting career. That was over 35 years ago.
Many things have changed over the years. Time, experience and success softens the rush somewhat but I'm not gonna quit hunting because I don't pee in my pants every time a deer steps out.
In fact, I enjoy the hunt as much or even more now. Lots of stuff happens before, during and after the shot. A cool head helps you analyze what happened. A cool head allows me to pay proper respect to the animal that I just killed. A cool head allows me the time to soak in every moment of the hunt, to commit it to memory so that I can enjoy it over and over again in my mind.
I prefer a satisfied smile and a quick thanks to the man upstairs for the hunt. If you prefer to fall apart because you saw a cowhorn that's okay to, just don't denigrate my hunting experience because it doesn't meet your lower standards.