HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Osprey Scopes Buyer Beware
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 06:46 PM
jsleedy
Spike

I bought a 10x40x50. I shot my 250th round today. I know this because it finished the ammo I baught the same day. It's mounted on a 30-06. It has been dead on since the day I sighted it in. Pulled it out of the case after sitting for. 1 month. Shot 60 rounds through it today. Only problems were the poor shots I took not the scope. All shots were taken from 250 yrds to 500 yards. The scopes can be zeroed after being sighted. I did at first have a problem with the set screws loosening so when I turned to adjust elevation it only spun. Once I realized what happened and tighten the set screws I haven't had a problem since. I was just looking to put one on my AR and was looking around the web to see what people were saying. I saw this so figured I would share my experiance. Sounds like I got lucky. Don't think i'll press my luck. Any suggestions on a tactical scope? Some thing like the ACOG just not $1,100 .

I also got one of thier laser bore sights that chamber like a regular round. Good idea but the laser used up the batteries in about 5 min. Put new batteries in figuered the 3 that came with it were just old. Same problem Was sighting a few of my rifles after playing musical chairs with some scopes and no more the 7 or 8 min the laser beam was so dim I couldn't see it anymore at more then about 5 feet. This was at night by the way. The 2 I was able to get sighted in were real close at 100yrds. One was low by 3/4" and right by 1". The other was high 1/2" and 1/4" right. Must have to do with how tight it chambers in different guns. I haven't contacted them about this since I just replaced the batteries and tried again yesterday. Hopefully I they will be helpful. I'll post and let you all know.

Last edited by jsleedy; 12-23-2010 at 06:58 PM.